Since the birth of my son, in 2013, I have known that birth was my passion. Specifically, making birth better, and celebrating how wonderfully transformative it can be for mothers and families. With me by your side throughout this exciting chapter in your life, you will have unwavering and experienced support, every step of the way. My standard rate for birth support is $750. (If cost is a concern to you, please reach out, as I do offer payment plans.)
- Two or Three 1.5-2.5 hour prenatal visits to prepare for birth. These meetings allow you (and your partner) to get to know me better, as we cover childbirth education, breastfeeding information, comfort measures during labor and birth positions.
- Guided support while building a birth plan. I can help to provide evidence based information on all options available for your unique situation, as well as provide you with a simple to use birth plan template.
- Newborn preparation. I am especially experienced with cloth diapering, breastfeeding, and babywearing.
- Phone, text and email support 24/7 from the moment of hire.
- Complete access to my lending library of books and tools.
During Labor/ Birth:
- 24/7 on call availability (even if you go into labor at 2am on Christmas, I’ll be there!)
- Non-stop informational, physical and emotional support for you, until baby is born.
- Support for your partner, encouraging them with different ways to provide support that is helpful to you, from affirmations to physical support techniques.
- I remain for up to two hours after birth to help you and your family settle in, helping you to feed your baby, and also making sure that you are fed before I leave.
- One postpartum visit in your home. This visit is different for every family. For some, we will spend time going over breastfeeding or other newborn care questions you may have. For others, it may be most helpful for me to hold baby while you grab a nice long shower, or a nap, knowing your baby is in safe and caring hands. We will also cover any questions you may have about your birth during this visit.
- 24/7 phone, text, and email support for the first week after birth.
- Additional postpartum visits, including overnight support available per request, at an additional fee.